The City of Indio’s Graffiti Abatement Section removes graffiti from public property (including parks, street signs, sidewalks, etc.) or property adjacent to public rights-of-way. Community members can help by immediately reporting graffiti to the City of Indio by calling our 24-Hour Graffiti Hotline 760.391.4143
and leave your name, phone number, and a detailed description of the location of the graffiti. The graffiti removal staff strives to respond and remove graffiti within 48 hours, depending upon call volume. For investigative leads please call 760.391.4139.
Please include the following information:
1. The address where the graffiti is located - For example, "100 Civic Center" or "At the intersection of Miles and Monroe."
2. The location of the graffiti (be as detailed as possible) - Such as, "On the south-west block wall," or "On the stop sign facing east."
3. Your phone number - This information is needed in case the graffiti removal staff needs more information.
If you would prefer to report graffiti online click here
For graffiti left on private properties or those not owned or maintained by the city, the list below serves as a guide for the proper agency to contact:
• Freeway underpasses, outside of overpasses, & off-ramps - Contact the Caltrans Office at 760.347.3481
• Public school property- Contact the Desert Sands Unified School District at 760.777.4200
• Homeowner Association (HOA) property- contact your HOA or property management firm
• Private property and/or private businesses such as shopping centers- contact the owner or property manager.
We appreciate your assistance in maintaining a clean and attractive city for residents and visitors