On Thursday, August 1, 2019, the Sun Community Federal Credit Union officially opened with major fanfare at 82195 Avenue 42 near Monroe Street in North Indio. Mayor Lupe Ramos Watson welcomed Indio's newest business with a certificate of recognition and the Greater Coachella Valley Chamber of Commerce organized the ribbon cutting event. Sun Community is promoting a new branch experience with a non-traditional banking feel, which includes the following features:
• Open seating area to engage in conversations and get one-on-one guidance for all your financial needs.
• A coffee center to enjoy an energy boost while sharing your financial goals.
• A community room with free Wi-Fi where you can bring your tablet, laptop or mobile devices to work on personal projects or just hang out.
• Online appointment scheduling so you can come in at your most convenient time.
• An opportunity to admire historical pictures from the City of Indio acquired directly from the Coachella Valley History Museum.
For more information, go to https://www.suncommunityfcu.org/Indio-Branch.aspx.