- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien who is eligible and has applied for U.S. citizenship and be 21 years of age by the time of sworn appointment.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED or CA HS proficiency test.
- Possession of a valid Class C California driver's license.
- Possession of a POST Basic Certificate or Certificate of completion of POST Basic Academy.
- NO FELONY Convictions
- NO DOMESTIC VIOLENCE Convictions
- Must pass an extensive background investigation
Please review the following common disqualifiers. If any items listed below pertain to you, you will be automatically disqualified in the background investigation. You may, at this time, want to screen yourself and withdraw prior to starting the recruitment process. Please email the Indio Police Department Recruiting Office if you have any questions regarding any of these common disqualifiers at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any illegal use, sales, or possession of a drug classified as an opiate (heroin, opium, etc.) or PCP.
- Any use of cocaine, methamphetamine, hallucinogens (GHB, MDMA/ecstasy, ketamine, etc.) within five years of date of application.
- Any illegal use of anabolic steroids within three years of date of application.
- A pattern or history of irresponsibility as evidenced by debt collections, civil judgments, failure to pay, late payments, etc.
- Two or more at-fault traffic collisions within three years of the date of application.
- Conviction of a hit-and run offense.
- Any driver's license suspension within five years of date of application.
- Conviction of a felony crime.
- Conviction of any misdemeanor crime within five years of application.
- Any conviction as an adult, of any misdemeanor crime involving domestic violence, sexual-related offenses or crimes against children.
- Any conviction as an adult, of a theft or larceny crime.
The following may result in disqualification:
- Use of cocaine, methamphetamine, hallucinogens (GHB, MDMA/ecstasy, ketamine, etc.) previous to five years of application.
- Recent marijuana use.
- Prior nitrous oxide use.
- Illegal use of anabolic steroids previous to three years of application.
- Illegal use of a hypodermic needle/ syringe.
- A bankruptcy within the past three years of date of application.
- More than one moving violation in the past 12 months, and/or three or more moving citations within the past three years, and/or five or more moving citations within the past five years of date of application.