Please check back often for updates to City Services and Events in Indio.
City Hall and Government Services:
- City Hall will reopen to the public from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on June 15, 2021, and by appointment only after 4:00 p.m. However, use of online forms and scheduling is strongly suggested. Indio's Building and Safety Services began offering real-time virtual building inspections for certain types of required inspections. For additional details, check here. To contact Building and Planning Services, see here. For all Building and safety submittals, payments, and inspections please refer here. For all Planning submittals, payments, and inspections, please refer here.
- No park or special events permits will be issued at this time. Garage sale permits can be obtained during regular business hours only at the Indio Senior Center after June 21, 2021.
- Our regularly scheduled City Council meetings will take place in the City Council Chamber, but they are not open to the public at this time. The public is encouraged to watch the meeting virtually on the City's website, on Facebook Live, or on the City's YouTube page.
- The City has suspended parking enforcement on street sweeping days because of concerns residents may be home and not able to move cars. However, street sweeping is an important function to maintain street cleanliness, eliminating debris from roadways that could otherwise cause damage to people and property. It also removes debris that could otherwise clog or contaminate storm drains, and cause flooding during inclement weather. For that reason, the City encourages residents and visitors to continue whenever possible, to move their cars on scheduled street sweeping days.
Indio Police Department:
- The lobby at the Indio Police Department will reopen to the public on June 15, 2021 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- To report non-emergency or routine issues, please file an online report at www.indiopd.org, or call the non-emergency dispatch line at (760) 391-4051.
- For general Police Records please call the main line at (760) 391-4057. For Code Enforcement issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (760) 391-4123.
Indio Water Authority:
- The lobby at Indio Water Authority will open to the public from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on June 15, 2021 but nearly all transactions, including bill pay, can be conducted online or by phone. Call (760) 391-4038 or email email@example.com for additional information.
Senior Center and Services:
- The Indio Senior Center is preparing to reopen on June 21, 2021. Go to www.indio.org/seniorcenter or call (760) 391-4170 for information about registering for classes, becoming a member, or renewing a membership. Pre-registration for classes and membership to the Indio Senior Center will be required. Reservations will begin June 14, 2021.
- Effective March 29, 2021, the Indio Teen Center has reopened for limited in-person and virtual programming. Events for members are also being held via Instagram Live. For more information, call (760) 541-4414 and check out the Teen Center Website.
News from our Community Partners:
- Desert Theatreworks, which operates out of the Indio Performing Arts Center (IPAC), is postponing its 2019/2020 season effective immediately. Call the box office at (760) 980-1455 for more information.
- The Coachella Valley History Museum has reopened to the public for limited hours on Saturdays and Sundays beginning April 17, 2021.
Event Cancellations and Postponements:
- Goldenvoice has announced the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival and Stagecoach Music Festivals will return in 2022. Weekend one of Coachella will take place April 15-17, 2022, and weekend two will take place April 22-24, 2022. Stagecoach is back April 29 - May 1st, 2022.
- On July 24, the 2021 Riverside County Fair & National Date Festival, set for Feb. 12-21 at the Fairgrounds in Indio was canceled, with the hope to resume in 2022 for the 75 year celebration.
- The International Tamale Festival scheduled for Dec. 2020 has been rescheduled for December 4 & 5, 2021 in downtown Indio.
- The 2021 Southwest Arts Festival scheduled from Jan. 28-Jan. 31 at the Empire Polo Club is cancelled. It will return in January 2022.
Other important news and information:
- As a public service only, the City has provided sample forms for residential tenants who might be facing an eviction. Sample forms are available in English and in Spanish.
- The post office at the Pro Shop at the Lights at Indio Golf Course remains open for mailing needs. The operational hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8:00 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday.
- Sunline Transit announced that local fixed route and paratransit bus service will be provided free of charge. SunLine Transit Agency is taking precautions to provide the recommended social distancing and to help the community in these uncertain times. Passengers without disabilities will be directed to use the rear door of the vehicle for boarding and alighting to minimize contact with transit operators at the front door and farebox area. People utilizing mobility devices or who need the ramp will be allowed to board and alight from the front door of the vehicle. Sunline is also enhancing cleaning. To learn about any changes to service routes, click here.